“When you integrate your product into your life, it’s seamless. But if you look like you drank the Kool-aid no one is going to listen to you, because people are going to think that everytime you talk you are looking through the lens of your company.”
This week on the Authentic Influencer Podcast we’re talking about building a brand around yourself. So often, we can find ourselves constantly elevating a product, in an attempt to make more sales. People want to trust that you have their best interest in mind. You are partnering with them to create a better life, not just monetizing their real needs. When we help others find solutions, even if it isn’t our product, we are more likely to gain a following of people who will be ready to listen when our product is actually the best fit. When we are in this position, the products become secondary.
“Find the thing that is truly you, and then integrate the product or opportunity into your life. People want to see you, not a product.”
If the company you are selling for doesn’t align with your passion, it might be time to find a different company. We have gotten on the phone for so many consultations with people who realize that the problem with their business isn’t that they aren’t good at selling, but that they are attempting to sell the wrong thing! Does the company you sell for promote the lifestyle, values, priorities, passion that you uphold in your personal life?
“It’s important to create a brand around yourself because once you do that, it becomes an asset. It becomes something that you have, that you can take with you.”
Our first challenge for you this week is to do an audit of your last 10 posts on Facebook. Were you selling yourself or your product? Take some time to practice reframing those posts. How could you post in a way that will position you as an expert, instead of just pushing a product?
Find one influencer in your circle that consistently causes you wonder, “Where did she get that?” The people who do the best at selling their products aren’t constantly pushing you towards the product. They draw you in, and build trust with you.
Listen in to learn more about building your brand, gaining the trust of others, and selling yourself!
Some Topics we talk about in this episode:
- Introduction – 0:00
- What Does it Mean to Sell Yourself? – 2:58
- Building a Long-term Brand – 7:35
- Your Company Might Not Stay, But Your Business Can – 9:32
- Align Your Business with Your Passion – 13:58
- Challenge For the Week – 16:34
- Wrap-up and Takeaways – 18:24
How to get involved
- Here’s the link to our webinar that you can share with friends in your network – www.socialtenacity.com/webinar
- If you are ready to stop living in scarcity and have the wealth you’ve always wanted, check out www.socialtenacity.com/gift and get a free gift just for listening!
- If you want to continue the conversation, join the Official Authentic Influencer Marketing Community on FB HERE
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe and leave a quick review on iTunes. It would mean the world to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!