“If we’re not clear on what we want in life, then how are we going to get it?”
Alice Edgerton (3:47-3:56)
Vision boards help us create the clarity and vision we need. But you need to know what a vision board is before you can take advantage of the benefits it can provide.
A vision board alone won’t give you the things you want in life. Its purpose is to train your mind to act on creating the things you envision for yourself. It’s like a visual brain that motivates you to take the action steps that turn your vision into reality.
Look at your vision board first thing in the morning and start your day by asking, “What can I do today to generate these things in my life?” Return to your vision board in the evening and ask, “What have I done today that has gotten me closer to these goals?”
“A vision board keeps us grounded, centered, and more efficient.”
– Alice Edgerton (21:37-21:41)
5 Questions to Recognize What You Really Want:
- What does your vision board represent to you? How do you envision your life, and what do you want to put in it?
- What feelings do you want your vision board to give you? What lights you up and creates the fire that fuels you? What emotions drive you to create that?
- What does your ideal life look like?
- What makes your life worth giving everything you’ve got each day?
- If you only had seven days left to live, what would need to happen for you to be satisfied with the life you’ve lived?
Your vision board can include pictures and quotes that motivate you toward your dreams and goals. It doesn’t need to be as complex as it might sound. Our brains can become overwhelmed and shut down when we try to visualize too many things at once. Alice Edgerton recommends having nine blocks on your vision board with one item per block.
9 Topic Blocks for Vision Board:
- Career/Business (be specific and include numbers and dates)
- What truly fulfills you
“A vision board is your path of what you want to do. Every day you create little things that build the life that you want.”
– Brooke Elder (19:52-20:00)
A vision board keeps you focused on what matters. There can be so much to do that you don’t know where to start. You can look at your vision board and say, “These are the goals I’m trying to meet. What can I do to move me one step forward?” There are many things you could do, but that doesn’t mean you have to do them all. A vision board helps you keep your priorities in place so you can become more efficient and effective at setting and achieving the goals you want in your life.
How to get involved
- If you are ready to stop living in scarcity and have the wealth you’ve always wanted, check out www.socialtenacity.com/gift and get a free gift just for listening!
- If you want to continue the conversation, join the Official Authentic Influencer Marketing Community on FB HERE
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe and leave a quick review on iTunes. It would mean the world to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!