Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself
“You can learn every strategy, but if you don’t have the right mindset and you don’t know where you’re going, your business is not going anywhere.” – Brooke Elder (3:15)
Brooke Elder & NiCole Easton
Authentic Influencer Podcast
Setting yourself up for success means starting with the right mindset.
As you’re working towards any goal, it’s helpful to seek out great examples of people around you who are living the dream. If you’re striving to be an Authentic Influencer, isolating the traits and habits that make others genuine and impactful is an excellent way to begin codifying the process and building your roadmap to authentic influence.
The first step on that road, no matter where you’re headed, is checking your mindset. Your success depends on your ability to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset – it’s often said that the right mindset makes up 90% of success. All the trendy strategies and tactics in the world won’t get you where you want to go if you don’t have the right mindset and a sense of direction towards your goals. In the end, the idea is to enable yourself to build a business that is sustainable and profitable.
“People are only going to believe in what you do if you believe in what you do.” – NiCole Easton. (12:32)
There are a few key characteristics that define the “right” mindset.
- Tenacity. This means having the perseverance to continue on even when your initial efforts don’t work out. When you fall short, step back, analyze what happened, and adjust accordingly as you go forward.
- Grit. Grit is the ability to stick with what you’re doing long enough to find out if it’s going to work. Grit requires both discipline and consistency, even when you’re not sure of the outcome.
- Confidence. Consistency builds confidence like nothing else. When you know you can show up and put the work in to get where you’re going, you gain confidence in yourself and your abilities, and confidence is contagious. When you feel confident in yourself, others will too. In fact, the way people perceive you has a lot to do with how you present yourself. If you happen to be someone who struggles with confidence around other people, ground your efforts in whatever it is that makes you, “you.” Simply putting yourself in a position to interact with the rest of the world is an excellent start – but whatever it is you choose, remember, authenticity is what we aim for.
- Visualization. Visualizing what you want your life to look like is a fun practice, but it is so much more. Taking the time to visualize your ideal future helps your subconscious map out the way forward. When you get a clear mental picture of the things you want your brain will recognize the disconnect between those things, and the way life is now.
Adjusting your mindset can be a joyful process. At the end of the day, it’s all about choosing your destination and then enjoying the journey.
“Without a goal in mind, you can get a lot of work done without any place to go.” – NiCole Easton. (21:45)
This week, write a letter to yourself, pretending that it is December 31st of this year. Write about all the things you achieved and the goals you reached. Set lots of different goals in various areas of your life. Money goals, business goals, family or health goals, any kind you like. The more detail, the better. Put the letter away until that date rolls around, and then revisit it. You will be amazed at just how much you’ve accomplished. Starting with the right mindset will make all the difference.
How to get involved
- If you are ready to stop living in scarcity and have the wealth you’ve always wanted, check out www.socialtenacity.com/gift and get a free gift just for listening!
- If you want to continue the conversation, join the Official Authentic Influencer Marketing Community on FB HERE
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe and leave a quick review on iTunes. It would mean the world to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!